Thursday, April 19, 2012

Speakeasy 54 Owes Me $720

If you ever find yourself at Speakeasy 54 in the Wisconsin Rapids area, please do yourself a favor and don't play the gambling machines. If you feel the urge to stick your dollar bills somewhere, avoid all the bullshit I've gone through the past week trying to collect the $720 Maxi Jackpot I won on the Spooky Spin machine, and only stick your money in the dancers thongs, g-strings or anywhere else they'll let you put it.

On Friday April 13, 2012 a group of 5 friends and I went to Speakeasy 54 for some drinks and entertainment. After enjoying a rotation of the ladies I stepped out to the smoking room where there is 1 of the gambling machines. As I was playing this game and smoking a cigarette, a dancer and a young man both informed me that the particular game I was playing "sucked" and that I would probably have better luck playing the games inside the bar.

So after I was done smoking I took their advice, went back inside and found the Spooky Spin machine. I inserted several dollars and began playing with a 60 cent bet. As I was playing a friend of mine approached me and said he had just lost $20 on this same machine. I quickly burned through my initial investment and decided to insert more money so I could keep playing.

This time I raised my bet to $1.00. When I was down to my last 2 spins the random jackpot screen popped up and when I stopped the reel it landed on the Maxi Jackpot - $718. +/- I can't remember the exact jackpot. I celebrated for a bit with my friend then pulled out my phone and snapped these two pictures. Notice on the top pic that the Maxi Jackpot started over at $500 after I won. I was planning on playing it down to $700 but had a couple small wins that brought me to just over $720 before I decided to just make it an even $720 and cash out. So I went up to the bar and asked the girl bartending how to cash out. She told me to just hit the ticket button and it would print out behind the bar. Once the ticket printed out and the bartender saw how much it was for, she said I'd have to come back the next day to get paid. I asked what time they open, she said 6 o'clock and I told her I'd see her then. We hung out there for about another half hour before we left for my friends cabin near Adams,WI which is about a 45 minute drive. On the way there we decided to stop at The Sportsman where I bought dinner and drinks at a cost of about $100 to share my good fortune with my friends.


On Saturday we arrived back at Speakeasy 54 shortly after they opened. The club was empty except for a female bartender (different one from the night before) and a bouncer. When I said I was here to pick up the money I won they both stared blankly at me. Neither one had a clue what I was talking about. I explained to them, and asked them to call a manager or owner. After a while the bouncer came back and basically accused me of cheating somehow or said that the game may have malfunctioned and it could take a couple weeks to get paid since they'll have to wait for D and D Amusements to come out and run diagnostics on the machine to verify it was a legit win.

WHAT THE FUCK???

So now I'm pissed, my friends are pissed. We just made this 45 min. trip for nothing, the dancers don't even start til 7-7:30pm. I left my name and phone number with the bartender and said I wanted the owner or manager to call me, then we left and went to Jammers. While we were at Jammers we decided to call my friends father who lives in the area, hoping he would have some contact info for the owner of Speakeasy54 . He said he knows one of the owners and he'll try to call him. After a few minutes he calls back and says the owner is going to drop off the money at his business on Monday, then my friends dad will just mail me a personal check since I will be back home in Oshkosh by then.

OK COOL !! 

Well Monday comes and goes without hearing anything. On Tuesday night my friends dad calls me and tells me the owner of Speakeasy54 never dropped the money off and never called, nothing.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

My friends dad said he'd try to get a hold of the owner on Wednesday and let me know. When he called me back on Wed. he had talked to the owner once again and this time the owner told him I wouldn't get paid until D and D Amusements ran diagnostics on the machine. So I called D and D Amusements, explained the situation to them, and they tried telling me this bullshit is standard procedure for getting paid and that he's going to Speakeasy 54  on Friday when they open at 6pm to check the machine and if he confirms the win was legit he'll "recommend" that they pay me.



TO BE CONTINUED.....


1 comment: